• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

ATI Sunpower – Brand new 48” 6X54w HO T5 fixture - Boonton, NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am selling this brand new unit since I determined I won’t be able to hang it over our current tank in our family room. (Our mischievous children have a penchant for dosing anything in the room with everything from playdoh to chocolate milk, so my canopy needs to remain!)

It is classified as a high-end fixture with a sleek design which features an innovative cooling system that helps ensure maximum bulb life. It is still in the box and includes the manufacturer’s warranty. I only opened it to plug it in and test it.

The fixture:
http://www.reefgeek.com/lighting/T5..._6x54W_SunPower_T5_High-Output_Fixture_by_ATI

http://premiumaquatics.com/store/me...=PA&Product_Code=ATI-3011&Category_Code=ATIt5

The bulbs:
(3ea) ATI1013 ATI 54W Blue Plus T5 HO Fluorescent 3 20.95 62.85T
(1ea) ATI1005 ATI 54W 12000K Aquablue Special T5 HO Fluorescent 1 21.95 21.95T
(1ea) KZ0005 Korallen Zucht 54W Fiji Purple T5 HO Fluorescent 1 29.95 29.95T
(1ea) GE0005 GE 54W 6500K Daylight T5 HO Fluorescent 1 14.95 14.95T

Price - $375. This is 43% off the price at Premium Aquatics or ReefGeek on a setup that is consistently sold at $640 in the market. Based on the fact that the fixture has never been used, the price is firm. I can ship, but the buyer would need to pick up the cost. I will posting the fixture out on reefcentral on Sunday 3-21 as well, so let me know…

Thanks
Bob

Ummmm....amazing :p I have a sunpower 4x24, and Im keeping birdsnest and acros no problem. Id hop all over this one, great quality fixtures.

With 324 watts of T5 and these reflectors, I understand you can just about any coral with great success. I know had 220w over a 75g and was able to grow many types of SPS. At that time, I did stay away from the most light demanding SPS, since the wattage was not the to the highest optimum at this level. My monte caps and pink birdsnest grew very well. I just bumped it to 324 watts and can now keep most SPS from what I understand. I would take a picture but lost our camera while visiting the Bronx zoo.

There are other advantages to T5s, including bulb life of two years, low heat emission and lowest energy consumption of them all.

If I may borrow from JerseyWendy, here is a shot of her tank with more depth. She always get's raving compliments over her growth and variety. I think she does have eight bulbs going over this system, but from what I understand you can have great success with six.
http://www.njreefers.org/joomla/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&action=profile;u=789;sa=showPosts
Let me know if you have interest. I think this would sell quickly on RC.
Thx

Steve - I had just pm'd you as well. Sorry about that. Rod had pm'd me early today confirming his interest to buy it.

Mods- please mark this thread as locked.
Thx

Status
Not open for further replies.