• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

August Meeting South Host Needed

Anyone SOUTH interested in hosting the August meeting?

If you are interested please respond by Friday, July 11th. Otherwise, if needed, we will open it up to locations other than South.

if no one else is interested we will do it. Will pick a date and get back to you. Is the standard now to have them on Sat. or is Sunday ok as well?

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Sundays are ok as well but harder on those coming from a distance. Whatever works best for you will be fine with us though! We've been hunting down a host for some time so THANKS! for offering to host! Deb will be in touch with you regarding setting a date, etc.

Thanks!

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
A meeting in the extremes (North or South) typically get 25-50 people. A centrally located meeting can have 50-100 people depending on the date, time of year and etc.

The meeting host typically prepares a main dish of some sort and provides some beverages. The attendees are asked to bring a covered dish or tasty beverage to help spread the cost and workload of having a meeting.

At the meeting itself we typically spend a little time staring at the tank, some time eating, drinking and chatting reef. Around 4pm we spend 20m or so discussing the affairs of the club and after that we raffle off the corals of the day.

OK maybe sometime I will consider having something at my house. I have to check with the other half to see if having 25-50 strangers in my home is OK with her ;D