• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Auto feeder

erics210

NJRC Member
If coming to the meeting I have several eheim I will sell. Used once for a vacation trip last year.
I had like 20 tanks including a bunch of just clown pairs that needed lots of feedings. Sold many of them, but a few left

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I have a digotal one I got from Amazon that I only use when I go on vacations. I used to use the eheim but I lost it.

Eheim but I've really wanted to try the sera x feeder. It's a small auger style for pretty high precision, like the avast but smaller cheaper and not as nicely made

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Few years ago picked up a rechargeable one from Amazon. Zacro - dispenses food every 12, 24 or 48 hours based on the time you turn it on. Was only $15 and serves the purpose for me.

Eheim but I've really wanted to try the sera x feeder. It's a small auger style for pretty high precision, like the avast but smaller cheaper and not as nicely made
I have to say I love the Avast feeder. The auger style is so precise with feedings. I feed freeze dried 4 times a day and every time I know I am getting the same amount each time. I throw in a concoction of freeze dried foods and mix it up in the canister. Fish know when feeding times are as well as they hang around the drop tube in the tank at the times it’s set to feed.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
I use Eheim but but am tempted by those Avast feeders. I'll probably pick up a couple this summer.

horseplay

NJRC Member
There is also this style where the food is dispensed over the course of an hour. It works great but the most aggressive eaters will basically get all the food.

The eheim style have problem dispensing flakes consistently. But it works great for pellets.