• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Beating Bryopsis (pics)

Add one more to the list of people claiming victory over Bryopsis with the Kent Tech M method.

I had a horrible outbreak in my 28g. I transferred most of that rock to my new 90g to help establish it (and because I didn't want to lose the corals on the rock) knowing that I was taking a chance of the bryopsis spreading. The new tank is great for nutrient control. Between my skimmer, all the live rock, running GFO in a reactor, and my refuge (where my cheato somehow grows like crazy), I have had zero Nitrates now for 2 months straight.

The Bryopsis did not seem to be spreading as agressive as before, but was still growing some. I bought the Kent Tech M and began to raise my Magnesium. I started around 1400, day 1 around 1500, day 2 around 1575, day 3 around 1620, day 4 have not tested yet but added much less Kent today.

It has only been 3 1/2 days. On day two I already noticed large amounts of Bryopsis almost melting away.
Not great pics, but here they are. I plan to keep the levels elevated for a couple of weeks to finish it off and make sure it is all gone.

Before 1
IMAG0224.jpg

After 1
IMAG0232.jpg

Before 2
IMAG0225.jpg

After 2
IMAG0233.jpg

Before 3
IMAG0223.jpg

After 3
IMAG0230.jpg

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Kent Tech M can be a miracle, well done. Those zoas look great when you can actually see them.

Thanks for the support.

It is amazing how well the Kent worked (/is working). It is nice to see the zoas again. ;D