• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Best instant ocean sea salt price

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Sea Level Aquarium in Pine Brook was at 35 per box, but heard they upped it to $40. I'm also close to making a salt run, but Sea Level is about 40 miles for me, and the price of gas would kill any deal unless I buy four or so boxes and dilute the gas costs. My last salt buy was Chewy when they had a sale, but IO now is 51.98/box.

I know it’s not the box but Amazon has the buckets for 40.00

Attachments

• 0D672F14-BA9E-4360-B627-1778442A5664.png
    0D672F14-BA9E-4360-B627-1778442A5664.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
If you don't mind driving, The Hidden Reef usually has the best prices on salt. (last I was there I picked up regular IO 200g box for $27)

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
ReefApalloza is in a few weeks. They always have a table.
I got a few boxes for $30 last time.

Hallowhead

NJRC Member
ReefApalloza is in a few weeks. They always have a table.
I got a few boxes for $30 last time.
I can't go this year :( Need to remain strong with buying corals. Allows me the to setup my big tank sooner.

I need a box before than, but maybe someone can grab me a box from Reefa

Crabby

NJRC Member
Amazon $39 delivery set for 16th, through warp zones, Scotty beaming it up, tumbling down it was delivered on the 18th as it's shown :(
20220617_142737.jpg

Crabby

NJRC Member
I just buy my salt in person for this, and I feel bad for the delivery guy. What are we saving ordering online, $20?
I was questioning the box with a 160g bucket rolling around inside. Would've been easier to carry by the handle. Bag it, tag it, bring it to the market ;)

radiata

NJRC Member
The hidden reef is usually the cheapest in my area

Do you happen to know what HR's most recent 200G I/O Box goes for? My LFS has apparently gone from $35/box to $40/box to $50/box.

In many, many days past I would make the drive down to HR to stock up on Crystal Sea for a good price (I recollect Crystal Sea was in Maryland and hence accrued lower shipping costs). Do you remember when the original HR was knocked out when the Chinese restaurant next store caught fire and the water damage from the fire fighters was more than they could sustain without closing and moving to their new site?

I'm currently burning through 5 gallons a day with my automated water changes. But a $35 to a $50 is a 30% price increase in just 2 or 3 months (I think).

If you're anywhere near HR, perhaps you could photograph their current price list? Many your fellow NJRCers would really appreciate that photo being posted here!

Thanks in advance!

Do you happen to know what HR's most recent 200G I/O Box goes for? My LFS has apparently gone from $35/box to $40/box to $50/box.

In many, many days past I would make the drive down to HR to stock up on Crystal Sea for a good price (I recollect Crystal Sea was in Maryland and hence accrued lower shipping costs). Do you remember when the original HR was knocked out when the Chinese restaurant next store caught fire and the water damage from the fire fighters was more than they could sustain without closing and moving to their new site?

I'm currently burning through 5 gallons a day with my automated water changes. But a $35 to a $50 is a 30% price increase in just 2 or 3 months (I think).

If you're anywhere near HR, perhaps you could photograph their current price list? Many your fellow NJRCers would really appreciate that photo being posted here!

Thanks in advance!
No I’m sorry, I’ll go check soon though

Hallowhead

NJRC Member
I used a coupon through PetSmart last night for two 160 gallon buckets. It came out to pretty cheap... But it's definitely expensive right now