• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Best Piece of Equipment You Have Purchased?

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
apex. saved me from temp drops/raises. and I used to have the floor water detection kit, which saved my old apartment from floods.

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I second the Apex! I can’t believe I had gone without one for so long. Now having one, I can’t see never not owning one. It’s a huge peace of mind when at work and away on vacation.
forgot to mention when I was on vacation for over a week, I was able to turn on a spare pump in an ATo container and fill up my other ato container, once that one ran low. had cameras facing the ato. did this while i was in Iceland. gotta love technology!! this was before all of the smart plugs available now

forgot to mention when I was on vacation for over a week, I was able to turn on a spare pump in an ATo container and fill up my other ato container, once that one ran low. had cameras facing the ato. did this while i was in Iceland. gotta love technology!! this was before all of the smart plugs available now
This is crazy smart!! Wow I never thought about that. The options with an apex are literally limitless. You can get so creative with things just like you did with this.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
A lot of you have APEX! I'll have to look at some Youtube videos to learn about it

I have had a lot of problems with Neptune apex equipment. But at the end of the day it would be crazy to run a tank without one. I believe the BRS special addition of the apex is going to be available again for Black Friday. I believe it was selling for $249

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
@myrjon @Mark_C ....Ok so what is the appeal of the Milwaukee instead of using regular refractometer? I don't know much about them.
LIke Chris said, you take a drop of water from your tank, drop it on that silver disc, and hit a button for instant read of salinity to 3 decimals and temperature to 2. Then just wipe clean.
Its ideal for mixing water as well. Add salt, take a drop, get instant read, add more salt, take a drop, etc...
Plus, it can also do an instant measurement of parts per thousand if you want to make the effort to hit a second button.

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I gotta add...this one helps BIG time especially when acclimating. the icecap handheld salinity tester! I can check salinity while the fish is still in the bag floating in sump or display. you just dip the probe into the water and instantly get a salinity reading! oh and also helps w water changes of course.

D

Deleted member 27248

No more gallon jugs every morning! Cheap, accurate, and small. Highly recommended.

Attachments

• C5E3840C-B96B-48BB-8EEA-CD4ECF098C7C.png
    C5E3840C-B96B-48BB-8EEA-CD4ECF098C7C.png
    1 MB · Views: 1

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I have the Ice Cap ATO and every time I fill the reservoir the alarm goes off because it over fills the return chamber a small amount.
I end up taking to large cups of water out from the return chamber and then it stops. Real PITA.

D

Deleted member 27248

I have the Ice Cap ATO and every time I fill the reservoir the alarm goes off because it over fills the return chamber a small amount.
I end up taking to large cups of water out from the return chamber and then it stops. Real PITA.
that stinks