• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

best school district in S. Jersey

We are just starting to gather info on school districts in/or around the south jersey area. What would be the best area you all reccomend from grade to high school. Only catch is no farther then 30-45 mins from philly. Would appreciate everyone's opinion on this matter. TIA, Vincent.

Are you looking for private schools? or public? In what way are you looking for as in a good school though?

My mother works at Mantua Township Public School district, I went there when i was younger and it is a very good school. My mother works for the Child Study Team for a school called Centre City School.

Then High School, from that district would be Clearview Regional Middle School/High School. Which I went to as well.

Alot of people say/ I heard that its one of the top public schools, but there are many schools that are good around my area that I live in.

Its not more then 20 min from Philadelphia. I'm on my way out but I'll try and get you the websites if you want.

-Dan

Thanks Phil and Dan. We are looking at public schools, our oldest is going to 7th grade, youngest going to 4th grade next year and we would like to get out of the city b4 he gets to high school. They both are currently attending private school now and no way can we send them to private high school. Currently we are looking at the Cherry Hill/Moorestown area but don't really know the school district too well. I would like your opinion on this or other areas you think would be better.

I know you said South Jersey, but some people consider Monmouth either where South Jersey starts or at the very end of Central Jersey.

Anywhere in Monmouth County where you find a good elementary school. Because after that, you have the Monmouth County Vocational School District to choose from for HS. All are specialized.

Allied Health is for medical geared paths (Doctors, dentists, etc.)

High Technology is pretty self explanatory.

There is a Marine Biology school. And I think another new one opened up that is just regular Biology I think.

Great high schools. Amongst the best in the country.

I went to Allied Health. Tremendous school and highly recommended.

All of the Vocational schools I listed have small class sizes and I know that Allied Health has won the National Blue Ribbon award a few times as well. All are obviously public. Your child has to take a test to get into the school, but it is very much worth it.

http://www.psk12.com/rating/USthreeRsphp/STATE_NJ_level_High_CountyID_0_start_1.html

2000 rankings. They change a bit each year, but all of the schools I listed are constantly ranked at or around the top.

AS a graduate of Cherry Hill West this year i can say that it is a very good school aside from the math teaching method. They use the discovery method of learning aka Here's some problems go figure it out and ask me if you have questions instead of showing you the procedure and a step by step example. This personally did NOT work for me whatsoever and i went from 98th percentile in the country in math to barely passing by my senior year. If your child is able to learn math this way or can put in the extra effort to do so, I would definitely recommend this school district. In our graduating class we had 6 (yes 6) people tie for valedictorian. graduation rate and college acceptance rate is also very high.

After house hunting around and thinking it over with school district, property taxes and toll in mind. We finally found a home we all like (us and my parents) in bucks county. Waiting for a response on our offer latter today, wish us luck :). If we do get this house I promise to host a future meeting(When I need help with cutting grass and cleaning the pool, just kidding) as this house is big enough. It sits on almost 1 acre of land with a big swimming pool, a charcoal pit(I think) and plenty of parking.

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Congrats. I hope they accept your offer. I would love a nice country meeting setting.

Good news, you can mark me down for a meeting next year. Only have to look for a better mortgage deal left with closing on the 28th of this month. Not looking forward to the moving of 2 house into 1 :(. How do you guys move your tank? Do I save all the water(about 90g) and set up same day?