• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Big tank FS, priced to go - Brick 08724

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
KK folks, the biggie is broken down.
Selling tank, stand, and sump.

Tank
I'm 3rd owner of the tank, Joe (Horseplay) was the original
120g - 4x2x2 with custom, low iron, 1/2" glass
Center rear overflow and return
There are some small scratches on glass, can not be seen if filled and clean, can be seen up close when tank glass gets dirty. They're not too bad, I'm anally retentive and lived with them for 3 years. Can easily be buffed out when tank empty.
Tank is too big for me to move, it will be drained, scraped, and sand/rock removed. It will need a bath at it's new home before it makes its way inside.
This is heavy - at least 3 folks required to move.

Stand
Simple heavy duty stand. I put some slats on front of it but it can honestly use a new skin (or pick up where I left off (I'll supply the slats)).
Stand has 2 tubes attached to the back for placement of lighting mount rods. Both holders and rods will be included for hanging units.

Sump
A monster. 2 drains in. Three 4" filter socks (I have replaceable red sea cups that come with it).
Five chambers, third chamber has built in algae scrubber (I never used it, so no lights included).
Skimmer and return chambers are considerable in size for oversized equipment.
Will include Jecod 100W DC return pump and all custom plumbing which allows controlabe runs to reactors, scrubber, etc

Lid
Custom built lid cost me $200 alone. Clear plastic with netting sits flush(ish) with edge of aquarium.
Built in feeding door.
It does have cut outs for 2x 3/4" Sea swirls which can be covered, or the company can send you an insert to remove and replace this part of the top (it is modular).

$400 to club members
Would be an ASTOUNDING basment fragger or first big tank

Additions (will sell separately if not purchased with tank in seperate post with pics once cleaned up)
Avast Marine medium Kalk stirrer with brand new Julian Spring bucket of kalkwasser (retail $200 and $45 respectively) - $100
Coral Box D-700 DC Protein Skimmer (up to 250g, retail $300+) - $100
BRS dual reactor with pump (retail $110) - $60
If purchased with tank, add $200 to tank price for all above

Special additions (will sell separately if not purchased with tank in seperate post with pics once cleaned up)

Three Hydra 26HD lights with 36" 4 bulb AI hybrid T5 unit (retail $1,260) - $700
Two Sea swirls with DC Sycce Pump (Retail $720) - $300
If purchased with tank, add $900 to tank price for all above

IMG_1563.jpegIMG_1564.jpeg

Last edited:

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I have seen this tank personally and it’s very well built. That low iron glass make the fish look like they are floating.Good luck !

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
@Mark_C is it a durso or bean animal? One or two returns? If two returns, is it using two return pumps? It's hard to see with the blue lights

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
More bean animalish. Shorter overflow is herbie, tall is durso. Dead quiet, can hear the odd drips in the sump.
A few power outs, never a concern for overflow.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Tank sold, other items will list seperate.
Please close

Status
Not open for further replies.