• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Biota Apstasia eating file fish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently picked this 1 1/2"- 2 " sized fella up from a local reefer to clear up an apstasia problem. Happy to say he has helped rid me of my issue. Only problem I must note Is that he liked my Duncan's also doesn't seem to be picking at any of my other corals ( softies, lps , basic sps ). Looking to get what I had paid so price will be $50. Pick up will be in 08857 Old Bridge by rt9 rt 516 intersection . Currently still in the display but I will get him out and ready once I know a sale is made .

Thanks for looking - James

Attachments

• 20210330_164546.jpg
    20210330_164546.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 11

Hockeynut

NJRC Member
Recently picked this 1 1/2"- 2 " sized fella up from a local reefer to clear up an apstasia problem. Happy to say he has helped rid me of my issue. Only problem I must note Is that he liked my Duncan's also doesn't seem to be picking at any of my other corals ( softies, lps , basic sps ). Looking to get what I had paid so price will be $50. Pick up will be in 08857 Old Bridge by rt9 rt 516 intersection . Currently still in the display but I will get him out and ready once I know a sale is made .

Thanks for looking - James
I'm really surprised it hit your Duncan, I have one also and my Duncan's are doing well, if you need a replacement let me know

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
One of my favorite fish. Have owned 4 - one occasionally took a taster of an sps polyp but never hit duncans or any other softies.
Sure it's the culprit?

Great meeting you Peter , thanks for a smooth, quick transaction. Hope he , Phil the file, works as well for you as he did for me , and doesn't eat your Duncan's .

Mods please close

I'm really surprised it hit your Duncan, I have one also and my Duncan's are doing well, if you need a replacement let me know
Much appreciated , he got a 20+ head and a 10+ head in short order saw him munching, but boy did he eat the apstasia . Hoping they make it and bounce back I did see some life from then early this am for the first time with a little bit of feelers out . Appreciate the offer .

The remains of my Duncan's

Attachments

• 20210330_194207.jpg
    20210330_194207.jpg
    999.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 20210330_194212.jpg
    20210330_194212.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 3

bigyankfan

Treasurer
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I had one that also went to town on my duncans after the aiptasia was gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.