• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Black Bug & My Unwilling Acro Free Life

Hi-

I wonder if I put this in the right forum, sorry if I made a mistake.

I have a 105 and it WAS full of years old Acros encrusting all over everywhere and all was good. Then somehow I got this black bug.

Let me back up for a second, I am a marine zoologist by training. So I have lab equipment and I know what I am looking at most of the time.

I always dip and quarantine, but somehow this bug got by me. I never dipped with Bayer nor Interceptor. I have been trying.

I am happy to be wrong but this is some kind of flatworm: but it is not stopped by any flatworm treatment. Dipping in Bayer, KCL, iodine doesn't seem to stop it completely.

Before anyone comments this is some kind of arthropod/ crustacean, please revisit your phyla. This thing has clear eyespots, a clear tail, and moves like a worm. Again happy to be wrong...

So since this is not AEFW, not a "bug", any ideas on how to kill it?

My next step is to just go with FOWLR + my birds nest coral and my setosa which I cannot stop from growing, in fact these are becoming pests they are so large. Then setup a new tank from scratch.