• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Black perc clown host?

Anyone have any luck getting a black and white perc clown fish to host a anemene?If so what type of anemene? thanks ???

The Natural Host for Perculas Heteractis Magnifica aka Ritteri one of the hardest anemones to keep, or Heteractis Crispa aka Sebea Anemone, or and both the Gigantea and Haddos Carpets Anemones.

Now for the real answer - its hit or miss as you notice from pics on the board people have percs or ocellaris in bubble tip anemones, hammer corals, leathers, frilly mushrooms.

Some say wild caught clows are easier to get to host which is not that true. Its def hit or miss. I would try a bubble tip because they are the hardiest. If you give me some specs on your tank and lights i can help you figure out which kind nem to go with. Ritteri are so hard to keep and even harder to find a health specimin.

I'm just wondering where you got your clown, I really want another black & white perc. once I sell my GSM.

As for hosting I've seen percs use all sorts of things, the one in my 24g hosts a neon green toadstool 95% of the time and a very large hairy mushroom 5%.... before I got her she was hosting a big clump of anthelia.

after you get the clown and anemone print a picture of the same type of clown in color and tape it to the side of your tank so that the clown can see it. this worked for me. after two days the clown was in the anemone and only comes out to eat! ;D

My two black Pecula's love the two rose tip anonome's I have. I also have a wild pecula with my two blacks.

Attachments

• Santa silver back.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 83
Candi said:
I'm just wondering where you got your clown, I really want another black & white perc. once I sell my GSM.

As for hosting I've seen percs use all sorts of things, the one in my 24g hosts a neon green toadstool 95% of the time and a very large hairy mushroom 5%.... before I got her she was hosting a big clump of anthelia.
[/qCandi ILC in cherryhill.

In Living Color they had more on sunday $23.99

cmsurfr22 said:
after you get the clown and anemone print a picture of the same type of clown in color and tape it to the side of your tank so that the clown can see it. this worked for me. after two days the clown was in the anemone and only comes out to eat! ;D

How cool is that? Neat trick!