• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Blue bottle brush and BOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Came home today and both corals rtn my bop skin was floating away from the Skeleton. I just tested the water this morning and everything checks out. i was able to cut most of the bop away and have the base left. any ideas on what i could look for? not sure it was a stinging match bacause they where not close to eachother all of my other corals look fne

amonia 0
nitrite 0
nitrate 0
calc 420
mag 1500
ph 8.0
alk 6.4 dkh
phos 0
temp was a bit high 83.4

john90009

NJRC Member
Alkalinity might have shifter a bit- also the temp could have made the coral give up- i noticed a few of my corals are losing the tips- my pearlberry and some that im not sure what the name is and a few people cant find what it is either. I had a bottle brush and it just died off one day and nothing was wrong as for the bird of paradise a have heard a few stories of them not doing well. Im happy i didnt get one i think the tyree and the ponape ones are nicer.

wow 46 views and no one else can chime in? Thanks john for your thoughts not sure if it is the alk it's been pretty stable for a few months now

dnov99

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
Its most likely your ALK. 6.4 is very low. You want to keep it between 8 and 10 for SPS. It only takes a few days of low alk to cause SPS to RTN or STN. Plus if you test kit is not accurate it can be even lower than your reading. What test kit are you using? Lamotte is the most accurate for testing ALK.

panmanmatt said:
Hirobo said:
wow 46 views and no one else can chime in?

wow 873 posts and ya still haven't paid up your $12. man are you a slacker

Ahhh I C how it is if you dont pay your dues no one will answer your questions. frig it I'll ask somewhere else then

john90009

NJRC Member
I use salifert and found them to be pritty accurate. Some corals are more sensitive to others. My bottle brush went if my salt changed a tad bit but my scripts acro went through numerous alk spikes when i moved to a bigger tank and he re grew over the dead parts- Bop seems to be very sensitive and iv seen a few that just grow then stop and lose there tissue over time.- Hah dont worry i didnt pay my dues yet but keep regretting it because i would have saved the money when i go and buy new t-5s and other equipment.

"Hah dont worry i didnt pay my dues"

Yea well after that comment this place can kiss my A__ there are pleanty of other reef forums on the net that DONT require you to pay dues to use an Internet board if thats the way they feel then they should make this site totaly locked out to all non paying people and keep to themselves I forgot if your not with the "IN" Crowd your no one later

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
There are givers and takers. What side of the line do you fall on? If you think your lack of membership had anything to do with no one responding to you question then maybe you should go elsewhere and be happy.

magic said:
There are givers and takers. What side of the line do you fall on? If you think your lack of membership had anything to do with no one responding to you question then maybe you should go elsewhere and be happy.

screw you

N

njstillwell

Hirobo said:
njstillwell said:
make that 876 posts... LMAO :p

scr_w you too oops here's 877 should i throw an extra 25cents in?
nope just make the check out.....fire.../\/\/\ .... njstillwell comes in with a bucket of gas /\/\/\
/ \/ \ big fire

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
This thread has outlived its useful life. Sorry that nobody knows why your acros are dying. If you find out, please be sure to start a new post.

Status
Not open for further replies.