• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Blue Spotted Jawfish

I picked up a blue spotted jawfish 2 days ago and he hasn't eaten since I brought him home. He probably is still trying to adapt. I'm just worried because I paid a pretty penny for him and he's really cool. The LFS I got him from said they only fed him frozen hikari. I tried pellets a few times and he doesn't seem to go for them. I also tried frozen mysis and nothing either. The biggest problem I have is that he is in the back left corner of my tank so it makes it difficult to feed him. Do these guys eat pellets? And any other tips on how to get him to eat or any other information would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Good luck I've never heard of anyone keeping one long. Mine lasts only a few weeks

I got inspired when I saw your jawfish and fell in love with them. I ended up returning him today because he wasn't looking so hot. You have/had the pearly and black capo ones, right? I was aware that BSJ's were very hard to keep, but I was hoping I would get lucky. It's a shame because they are such beautiful and entertaining fish. Next, I'm going to try a black cap or pearly.

Pearly jawfish are just blah to me I had dusky jawfish. Tiger jawfish are pretty need and very similar to the dusky jaws. The guys at sea level aquarium ordered them for me, came in healthy and big. Anthony, I kept lots of rubble in the sandbed for them to built their cave once they got established I never had a problem but I guess leading up to that point keep an eye on frags hah. How did everything else acclimate