• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

blue throat not eatting. Help PE Mysis anyone?

I have bought a bluethroat trrigger and he has been in my tank for about 5 days now and not feeding "belly starting to pinch in" i am aware that the can be picky eaters. I have tried hikari mysis and another brand,brine shrimp, flakes of marine tetra, rods food preditor blend n nori. i tried a diy blend of mussels,scallops,squid,crab meat, mixed greens garlic and selcon. I was open to suggestions. B/T isnt shy at all doesnt hide at all not even when put in tank. The fish doesnt swim away from turkey baster when i try to target feed him, just doesnt except food. Any suggestions? Anyone local have pe mysis?Lfs said he was eatting mysis and touched nori. When should i worry? If anyone has some PE mysis give me a call. 973-277-1259- joey

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
If his stomach is pinched I think you need to worry now.
I would try freeze dried krill or a silver-side stuck in a sea weed clip.

updated blue throat:
bluethroat is eating everything and anything after 3 weeks and now have been eating for the last 3 days.
1st day of eating was roseys, after I noticed he was only eatting live only, i thew in some ghost shrimp and he ate them up also. so things were looking good from there on in. i tried silverslides because i wanted to get him off live food, he didnt want them at 1st but after a day not eating he decided to try it out and loved it. Now whatever hits the water he is eating except krill. thanks for all the support. for anyone else who may run into this problem, dont give up. i spent more money on food the i did on him, just about.. I been through just about every food out there. below is a pic of him.. Amazing colors