• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Bob Fenner at Jenkinson's Aquarium! Sunday August 27

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
NJRC's August meeting will be held on Sunday, August 27th, 2006. We will have Bob Fenner as our guest speaker (topic to be determined).

The event will be held at Jenkinson's Aquarium. Admission to the aquarium will be free to registered participants. Advanced registration is required.

Registration fee is 10$ for members 15$ for non-members and payable via paypal (paypal@njreefers.org).

Registration will begin immediately for NJRC members. Non-members may begin registration on July 25th.

Parking can be tricky in Point on a Sunday so I suggest you allow plenty of time for getting into town and get there early. It may actually make sense to park inland in point and take a cab to the beach (Briggs Taxi has busses and we may be able to get a few groups on a bus at a time for transport to the beach). We'll work out the details of that as the event gets closer.

We're working on food and raffle items/door prizes. As soon as we have more information on these items we'll post in this thread.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

So far we have the following people registered (33 of 40):
Sharks (2)
Kat Longo (3)
Phyl (2)
BLange
The Tiler
RichT
ReefDrumz & Deb
Panmanmatt (2)
PoconoFishy (2)
Michaelm2431
-------------------------------------- Behind the scenes closed out ------------------------------------
JCurry
ReneeRN
Qwerty
Steve68
Marcelo
Ribs & Wendy
Nagel & Spins
Malulu (+2)
Concept3 (2)
NJReefGeek
Spykey

I will take two full entry passes to the event please. :)
I can PayPal the cash once I have the address. I will be happy to bring food and drinks if needed. Phyl can we bring booze to the aquarium? If not sodas will do and then off to Martels bar after the meeting. Ahh drinks on the breach and reef talks. I like it!
Sounds great and thanks,
~M

i dont want to seem silly, but where is jenkinson aquarium? philly? what town/state? Is this a place i should know, as a newbie to njreefers club?
where ever it is, i am coming.
renee

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Point Pleasant, NJ sorry for not posting that in the thread. Shore town.

Thanks!

malulu

NJRC Member
Phyl,

can you provide more details of this meeting schedule?

i mean, can we some how, goto this meeting, and also have time to hang out on the beach, and still get bus ride to get back to the parking place or home??

or may be better to?
- hangout on the beach (will need to be there early)
- goto meeting (may need to be late afternoon)
- then home

thx
David

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
The meeting will be from 1-4. If you get to Point early in the day you can enjoy the beach for a couple of hours before the meeting starts. You can always either park nearby or take a cab to/from the beach from a further parking place (or just pay to park close).

HTH.

I have never had to pay to park as long as I'm willing to walk. If you head down to the south end of the boardwalk and go inland a block or 2 you can usually get a space.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I'm not sure it is a good idea for this event with it being at the beach and all, but I'm fine with it if you all think it is a good idea.

Of course, I can't speak for Nagel, but being that my classes are over on Aug 23 life can go back to normal and I'm assuming we should be there...

Jo-Ann

Was wondering are the tickets going to be mailed or will we pick them up at the aqauarium, cause I would like to get there early way before 1pm to see the seals be fed and walk around the aqaurium.
Ribs GF

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I believe we're going to give a list of people to the Aquarium for entry so you should be able to just go and give your name.

I only count 19 people on that list does that mean were in also, or are we just going to stand there while you guys go "behind the scences"?
Only found out after I paid that "behind the scences was closed out"

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Unfortunately there is very limited space on the tour and there had to be a cutoff point for that portion of the program.

Fortunately there's plenty to see in the aquarium. And of course Bob's presentation will be open to all registrants. That will be held in the meeting room upstairs.

Everyone is so quiet about the upcoming meeting. I guess most of our meeting discussions must center around the food and beer we're bringing! :eek:

I'm getting anxious! Can't wait for Sunday. ;D

hey im new and would rely love to attend. if someone could e-mail me to let me know how to do this. can i pay at the door? do i need some sort of RSVP? sorry for being such a newb, but im extactic about fnding a reef club in NJ. ;D ???

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
pheesh said:
hey im new and would rely love to attend. if someone could e-mail me to let me know how to do this. can i pay at the door? do i need some sort of RSVP? sorry for being such a newb, but im extactic about fnding a reef club in NJ. ;D ???

PM Sent!

Welcome to NJRC!