• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

BOD Succession

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Hello NJRC. 2021 flew by and I’m sad to say the end of my term is near.
I would like to see who would be interesting in running for President , Vice President and Treasury. These are really core positions that will require proper handoffs and some training before taking over. If interested please post here or Im and we can talk.

Important Disclaimer !!!!

This is in no way bypassing voting protocols which will occur. Just an initial gauge on interest to figure next steps.

DYIguy

NJRC Member
This may be a dumb question, but how much time is entailed/ experience does one need etc to do any of these positions

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Time, the top 4 pretty much will spearhead it. With the way things are now, creativity is needed now more than ever to keep club moving fwd.

Experience, is pretty much learn as you go but we would do a proper handoff to bring folks up to speed.

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Take a peek around so you get a description of the different positions. Only requirement is that you are a paid member.

DYIguy

NJRC Member
I think the biggest problem is the club being 501C. If we can drop that you may see more traffic for these positions.
Just my 2 cents and will be quite now.:speechless:
I'm old, what is 501C- never mind- just googled it- still understand why it would matter-

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Just being lazy here, but can the current officers seek another term? Does one have to 'nominate' himself/ her', can one nominate someone else

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Just being lazy here, but can the current officers seek another term? Does one have to 'nominate' himself/ her', can one nominate someone else
We can, but the by-laws only allow us to run for certain period of time.

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
We don’t have a treasurer. And vp and prez are tapped out.

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I think the biggest problem is the club being 501C. If we can drop that you may see more traffic for these positions.
Just my 2 cents and will be quite now.:speechless:
I’ve been debating this for the past 2 years. It’s too restrictive

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
New officers. No one is really interested in top spots. That’s the problem. Can’t be run by all DALs

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
I seem to recall the top offer positions paying just under 6 figures with pension and dental.

And I agree the 501 time may be up.