• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Borrow a pump

I was wondering if anyone had a pump I could borrow for a little while. I need a better pump to run my skimmer. I'm using a Mag18 right now and I'm planning on getting an external Sequence Wahoo in the next PA Group Buy. Until then, does anyone have a Mag24 that I can borrow until the PA Group Buy in October?

Thanks

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
You could buy an 18 impeller in the mean time. That would make the pump something on the order of a mag21... The impellers are usually relatively cheap...

Phyl said:
You could buy an 18 impeller in the mean time. That would make the pump something on the order of a mag21... The impellers are usually relatively cheap...

Phyl,
What's an 18 impeller? Where can I get one?

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I think she meant that you could buy a 24 impeller (not 18). What that means is you can buy just the impeller for a Mag 24 and replace the Mag 18's impeller with it. It doesn't boost the pump all the way up to a Mag 24 but will probably get you close to what a Mag 21 would be if they made one.

We put an 18 impeller in our 12 and did a good job of kicking up the flow. You may just want to verify that the housing of an 18 is the same as that of 24 so that you know the impeller will fit.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
D'oh... thanks for the clarification, John! Note to self... don't post when tired.

jazzsam said:
I have a BL40 external that has never been used if you find you can use an external.

Thanks, but I don't thing the BL40 is going to give me the flow I need. I have about 13ft of head.

Wow, no one has a spare pump? Even if it's external, that's ok. I'd have to drill my sump when I got the new Wahoo anyway. Basically I need a pump that will produce at least 900gph-1000gph at 13ft. of head

I have couple of spare pumps you can borrow. I have a big submersible PCX pump I used to run my MRC 2 skimmer, and I have a spare PCX55 external I'm gonna run it with now.