• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Breaking down a 72 gallon tank

I had to leave the state suddenly last June to take a job, leaving behind my poor wife to take care of the reef tank. As you can guess, I have a hair farm now, but there are still some nice animals I need to find a home for IN THE NEXT 2 WEEKS, as the house has finally sold. HALLELUJAH.

I'll post the individual animals that I have left, but please feel free to make an offer when you get there on any loose pieces I may not post (ie star polyps, mushrooms, zooanthids)

Note, this will have to be a "bag your own coral" event. I'm not going to be there, and my wife and son aren't knowledgeable.

One large Cats Eye coral, tea saucer sized at least. $ 30
CIMG0460.jpg

Nice purple Acan, about 8 heads now. $35
CIMG0461-1.jpg

Rain bow Acan at least a dozen heads. $45
It's a little sad right now, but if it likes it's new home, this is a $200 animal
CIMG0472-1.jpg

One Large Favia. $35
The original animal is the 4 inch hump in the middle, but it's since spread over the rest of a 6 inch rock
CIMG0473.jpg

Frogspawn with 5 heads. $35
This isn't on a rock, it just has a coral stalk the sits in a hole.
CIMG0470.jpg

Trumpet Coral, 8-10 heads. $30
CIMG0463-1.jpg

I'm waiting on more pictures from my son, which I will post later today.

Thanks for your help.

Sorry, I'm out of practice at this. I'm living in the small town of Waco, Texas now.
(my location is 15 minutes from anybody else,lol)

My house is in the Lake Hopatcong area of Northwest Jersey, it's 10 minutes south of Sparta on Route 15. 07849 area code.

How covered is the rainbow acan? Will it need some serious hair removal? I prob cant get out there til the weekend, youre kind of a drive for me

Audi0s said:
How covered is the rainbow acan? Will it need some serious hair removal? I prob cant get out there til the weekend, youre kind of a drive for me

Right now, you and I are working with about the same info. That picture. I haven't seen the tank in person since Christmas. It was grown on a 2-2 1/2 inch ceramic disc that has been glued to a small rock. You could always pop it loose from the rock and take a brush to the sides of the disc.

Brando457 said:
What fish do you have for sale?

I don't know if I have any fish left in there. Was a small firefish and a little candy cane gobie. Even if their still there, there's no way to catch them until I pull out all that rock. On the day I take it down, I guess I'll pull out anything living (fish, snails, crabs), put them in a bucket and post an emergency blast -FREE-.