• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

brilliant site

first, let me say i am not supporting this site, it seems that it is next to impossible to win anything from this site, but it is brilliant. i was watching how it works, and it is a cashcow for the creators of the site

second thought, i dont want to mention the site name because i really dont think it is easy to win anything.

they sell tv's and other misc expensive stuff. all of the stuff is new and they mark it as an auction site. i believe everything starts off at 1 penny and everytime someone bids, the item increases by 1 penny. these LCD tv's sell for 25 dollars or so, when they cost 1500+ dollars. here is how they make their money. you have to pay anywhere from 75 cents to 1 dollar per bid. the item clock resets to around 20 seconds when a new bid is posted.

here is how they make their money, not from the sale of the item, but from the cost of the bids.

for example, if a tv sells for 25 dollars, that is 2500 bids. at 1 dollar per bid that is 2500 dollars for them for a 1500 dollar tv, that is 1000 dollars profit. the winner gets the tv for 25 dollars.

is because i have read somewhat bad things about the site, for example, they bid the last second, and think they win, but since the clock starts at again at 20 seconds again.

the reason i think the site is brilliant, it seems they are making money hand over fist. they recently sold some kind of truck for 432 dollars give or take a few dollars, that is 43200 dollars for a 25000 dollar truck

also most people dont realize they are paying 1 dollar per bid win or lose, so that is another reason i wont post the site name.

i thought i would share

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Yeah... they're brilliant. Amazing what people can get away with. For the lucky winner (if they only bid a handful of times) that's not so bad, but if you're bidding a lot...well! It adds up, like you said.