• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Brown Rim Tang Attacked?

Hello all... it's been a while... anyway... I've had my tang for a while and he was mainly the aggressor... but today I come home and this is what I see... everyone else looks perfect... not a scratch (except for my Yellow Tang who had a small piece of his tail snipped off... a while ago... mostly grown back)
I figured it was the fish settling in and showing off who's boss... etc...

Here is a pic of my tang...

BTW - I have 1 Emerald crab about 1 1/2 inches, and a few more under an inch... some sand sifting stars, snails, crabs and two sea hares... and some peppermint shrimp...

Attachments

• tang.jpg
    tang.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 34

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
He was fine last night can a disease literally take a chunk of his face off overnight!?!?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Don't think it would happen over night but does seem odd that this fish would be the only one hurt if it was a fight. Maybe Paul could be on something with the power head

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I would say powerhead or a rock shifted and landed on the front of him, it looks like he was caught in something. Do you happen to have a clam?

No clams...had some but they've been gone for months...only empty shells....i did check my rocks... doesnt look like anything fell but i know Tangs like to bury themselves... maybe dug to deep and it shifted enough to catch him... ugh
Looks like he cant eat..bot sure if he will make it.. I'll update later... btw - Someome mentioned i might have a Mantis Shrimp...could he have done this?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
mantis punch or stab, chances are that fish would be dead and eaten if it was. The front of his head was definitely caught in something.