• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

BRS, Any winners this week?

erics210

NJRC Member
Big sale just wrapped up with an 85,000 tank giveaway.
During the 15 minutes prior IM NUVO gave away dozens of tanks as to randon winners.

Nothing for me. Last order is getting picked today....BUT doubt it...

erics210

NJRC Member
every year I order as I see prople posting all over...all the awesome stuff. When I finally get something it will be a towel or Tshirt

ctg0209

NJRC Member
There was a Chris G that won a tank today in the livestream. I didn’t check my order number to see if it was me though.

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
There was a Chris G that won a tank today in the livestream. I didn’t check my order number to see if it was me though.
that would be awesome! Do you have a spot picked out for the big tank if you won?

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
didn't the winner have to answer the phone when they called? If no answer they moved on to the next person?

ctg0209

NJRC Member
that would be awesome! Do you have a spot picked out for the big tank if you won?
It was one of the im tanks they were giving away. I actually just got an IM 40 a couple weeks ago just got it set up. I think my wife would kill me if I told her I was getting a 3rd so it’s probably best i didn’t win

Haven't won anything this sale yet but I have a few more deliveries and 2 orders in picking so who knows might get lucky. A previous sale I won some food, a neat screen top feeding portal and $100 off card. Idk if anybody remembers that sale saltwateraquarium.com did in the beginning of the year I think it was the 10 year customer appreciation sale. I actually was one of the neptune trident winners on that giveaway. That was a great score and they have a customer for life now.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I picked up some stuff that’s coming today. So let’s see.
I never win anything so I am guessing I get $10 off.
I think BRS made a huge mistake giving someone a 80k tank.
they should have broken that prize down to 8 10k winners.
Most people don’t have the space for a 80k tank.

the other part of that is the winner has to pay taxes on a 80k tank.
so you do the math. Under 10k and the tax burden is a lot less to the winner.

Last edited:

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
That is exactly what I told my husband.

Yeah I don’t think BRS gave it much thought. If I would have won what the hell
Would I do with a 80k tank? I would have to tear my fishroom and get rid of everything I already setup. Just to make space for that tank.

taxes for 80k is close to 20k

Yeah I don’t think BRS gave it much thought. If I would have won what the hell
Would I do with a 80k tank? I would have to tear my fishroom and get rid of everything I already setup. Just to make space for that tank.

taxes for 80k is close to 20k
They included 20k to offset taxes....without that, winning would‘ve been a curse.
The space is a different question. Good point about smaller prizes, more winners, but they were going for the spectacular I guess.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
We I just got my package from brs and they didn’t send me the customer
Appreciation mystery card. So I got zero lol not even $10 off

Received 2 orders today myself. A $10 card in one and missing a reward from the other. Shot brs a message as my order still shows as in picking like not everything shipped for the one missing a card and they gave me a $10 code via the chat. So basically I've gotten 4 of the $10 cards this sale lol. I have 2 more orders coming soon so let's see what happens maybe I get lucky. I do have a 120 build going on right now so $40 off is definitely a big help towards that regardless not to mention how much money I saved from the sale on stuff I needed for the build. All a win in my book plus the brs hoody I received for spending over 350 is really nice too. I've got no complaints about brs.

Jamie S

NJRC Member
Nothing for me so far. 4 orders and 4 $10 off coupons. I do have 3 orders pending and may place another tonight

radiata

NJRC Member
We I just got my package from brs and they didn’t send me the customer
Appreciation mystery card. So I got zero lol not even $10 off

Was the promo card listed on the packing slip? If it was, they screwed up. If it wasn't, perhaps they ran out.

If I have an extra, I'll pass it on to you. The expiry date is 12/31/21.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Was the promo card listed on the packing slip? If it was, they screwed up. If it wasn't, perhaps they ran out.

If I have an extra, I'll pass it on to you. The expiry date is 12/31/21.

hey
Thank I reached out to brs and they send me a digital one.
but I wanted the chance to win a prize.
Thank you that’s very kind of you

right before all of this started, i mean like a week or two before the black friday stuff, brs sent me a $90 box of tropic m salt, and the brs 2 part package with the bottles and a brs 4 stage replacement kit. probably some marketing stuff since i was a big customer of marine depot but only bought from brs once.

so i dove in and bought a bunch of things during the sale, everything under $100. some test kits, reagents, coral food, little bits of equipment and the milwaukee digital refractometer. but i havent won anything, probably 4 or 5 orders arrived so far and just the $10 cards. anyway i ended up pulling the trigger on a trident and 2 48 aquatic life fixtures over at saltwater aquarium because they include a free gift, (got the red sea alk, cal mg kit $60 free) plus probably the same points and i shop there more anyway. brs takes way too long to get to my house - they should have kept marine depot nj shipping hub. man i would order and it would be here in like 1 or 2 days. good old days.