• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

BRS just merged with Neptune

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
So let’s see how this plays out. I would love to see a entry low $300 or less controller from apex. Like the apexjr.
Or the el-mo that monitors only.
I think BRS is tired of Neptune having problems with manufacturing. Neptune is notorious for releasing new product and not having enough inventory to fill orders.
The new lights went on sale at 12am and was sold out at 12:05am lol

i mean isnt it already lol its either BRS or amazon.. others rip you on shipping costs and turn over rates
I guess u never herd about premium aquatics lol. Brs is more rip off then others and shipping stupidly slow unles u pay extra. Premium u order and 2 days is in your house. look around more

Reactions: DEL

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
My problem with BRS is that for such a big company, the shipping cost and times is kinda ridiculous

That’s why they purchase marine depot.
Marine depot had two shipping warehouses.
So now BRS should be able to ship from the west cost and the east coast and they will continue to ship from The middle. So this should lower cost in shipping and time that a package will take in shipping.

This is the only way that BRS can compete with amazon.

Hallowhead

NJRC Member
I am sure BRS how the ability to provide larger manufacturing plants to Neptune now and products should flow faster

That’s why they purchase marine depot.
Marine depot had two shipping warehouses.
So now BRS should be able to ship from the west cost and the east coast and they will continue to ship from The middle. So this should lower cost in shipping and time that a package will take in shipping.

This is the only way that BRS can compete with amazon.
I surely hope so. I've only ordered from them once and it took like a week and a half to get my order in

Jamie S

NJRC Member
I hope they help figure out a stand alone add-on to the trident for Nitrate and Phosphate testing. I wonder if the "Trident 2" may include them as well.

If you snoop around R2R, there is a thread about BRS might now charge a subscription for Apex Fusion. This will most likely happen as Bertram Capital is now pulling the strings as their only concern will be how much return on investment they can get..

I myself would love to see this. It will give great entertainment when people cry about how they forgot to renew their subscription, and with a click of the mouse Randy/Ryan shut their tank down. I myself am not a gadget or controller guy. For the life of me I can't understand why onyone would have a return pump (cor15), that will only run if it's connected a little grey box made is South East Asia.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
If you snoop around R2R, there is a thread about BRS might now charge a subscription for Apex Fusion. This will most likely happen as Bertram Capital is now pulling the strings as their only concern will be how much return on investment they can get..

I myself would love to see this. It will give great entertainment when people cry about how they forgot to renew their subscription, and with a click of the mouse Randy/Ryan shut their tank down. I myself am not a gadget or controller guy. For the life of me I can't understand why onyone would have a return pump (cor15), that will only run if it's connected a little grey box made is South East Asia.

No fusion will always be free. Everything is in the cloud now so no one would pay for that service. Everything is made in south east Asia including the phone you have in your hand.
The reason why people use the cor is that when the apex goes down. I get a notification. If my pump isn’t running. I get a notification. So for a lot of people that’s better than a return turn pump that goes bad and you get no notification..

Last edited: