• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

BRS. WWC

For those who care. BRS is now selling WWC coral packs. I have not looked into this. And we are taking not cheap. But hey. Looks interesting and figured I would pass along the info. As they are both excellent companies I have purchased from with no trouble in the past.
Addendum... TSA as well. Should have mentioned them but I have not purchased from them yet despite there excellent rep.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
For those who care. BRS is now selling WWC coral packs. I have not looked into this. And we are taking not cheap. But hey. Looks interesting and figured I would pass along the info. As they are both excellent companies I have purchased from with no trouble in the past.

I think ordering corals online is for people that live in flyover country.

Here in NJ we had access to so many good LFS that it makes no sense to order online.

Members here on this site sell frags at a fraction of the price online.

I like WWC they have really good corals. But for me it’s just not worth it.

I think ordering corals online is for people that live in flyover country.

Here in NJ we had access to so many good LFS that it makes no sense to order online.

Members here on this site sell frags at a fraction of the price online.

I like WWC they have really good corals. But for me it’s just not worth it.
Understood... I buy locally and thru swaps also. And from fellow Reefers as well. And live in NJ. And proudly say. The nicest corals in my tank to this very day. Came from WWC.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Understood... I buy locally and thru swaps also. And from fellow Reefers as well. And live in NJ. And proudly say. The nicest corals in my tank to this very day. Came from WWC.

Yes you are correct their corals are amazing.
But I can wait for reefapalooza and not pay for shipping.

But I agree if I lived in FL I would be broke and probably divorced lol

Yes you are correct their corals are amazing.
But I can wait for reefapalooza and not pay for shipping.

But I agree if I lived in FL I would be broke and probably divorced lol
FYI. Absolutely can be if you buy direct from there site. I always buy during there 24 hour two day live auctions. To date I have purchased 43 corals from them. And have never paid less anywhere except local reefers (thanks Danger) Best part is as you stay up all night on the PC trying to beat the other people there are unmarked FREE Corals. They just post a coral for a price and if you like it and the price then click it before someone else does and it’s yours. I have gotten 7 free that way. Pure luck. And every one of them were valued on there site between 50 and 250. So YES. I agree they are not cheap despite the high quality. but don’t judge a book by its cover. Things arnt always what they seem.

Honestly I buy most of my stuff online. Yes we have good local guys and I do spend good money with them as well. But sometimes you just want something more rare, or not the same variety. I tend to do alot with wwc, which went though a rough patch when they moved their store,got slot of browned and beat up corals.. but they always made it right. I have gotten some really nice stuff from cornbread(love him or hate him, some of his frags although very small grows into gorgeous colonies)
I ordered a few times from living reef orlando, beautiful acros and well labeled.
I've ordered a few times from top shelf, I no longer will, their stuff is beautiful, but their prices have tripled on basic acros 99$ green slimer, 125$ for a pc rainbow... and their named corals are insane asking 4-900$ a frag. I've found great ebayers, gwcorals, reefgardner, aqua sd and budsmans corals. All have great shipping practices and doa guarantees.

This isn't an add for any of them. But I know people like to stay local, that's awesome. But i like to shop around and diversify, which will later make shopping/trading locally (within ourselves) a much better experience.. bc what fun would it be if we all had the same stuff. Lol