• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

BSJ Update!

Got the call he came in yesterday. I picked him up last night while still in the original shipping bag. This fish is a complete spaz and scares me for being $120.

Got home, floated him, then drip acclimated him. I threw his DIY cave in the drip acclimation bucket. At the end of the drip acclimation, I go to try to nudge him into the pvc and he freaks out and launches out of the bucket onto the floor. No big deal, I scoop him up and get him into his pvc. I put him in the DT while he’s still in the pvc. Everything looks good. Lights were off and I watched him for 30 minutes. He looked like he was getting comfortable and he kept popping his head out of the pvc, which I think is a good sign. This was all last night.

I wake up this morning and go into the room where the tank is, before I even turn the corner, I hear all this crazy splashing and then the flopping noise fish make when they’re out of water and on the floor. I’m like holy crap, he somehow got out and I have an innovative marine screen lid with very small holes. I scooped him up, AGAIN and threw him back into the tank. I throw him in and before I get to even put the lid back on, he launches himself out AGAIN and this time lands in the rear chamber on top of the filter floss. Scoop him up again and throw him back in the DT.

Fun morning for me lol. It caused me to be late to work hahaha. I watched him for a few minutes and he’s just laying on top of the sand bed wedged up against rocks. So probably not good since I don’t think he’ll be able to find his cave again. So I guess we shall see how this plays out. It’s so unfortunate because they are literally my favorite fish and the fiancée absolutely loves them too.

Here’s a pic of him last night

Attachments

• A0898A01-71A3-40A7-AB6C-188893033D7D.jpeg
    A0898A01-71A3-40A7-AB6C-188893033D7D.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 13

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
LOL They can find the smallest hole! Hope he behaves himself while you're gone

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
his new name is jumpman Jordan. hahaha. throw another screen on top of that lid!! hope he's ok from all that floor surfing.

his new name is jumpman Jordan. hahaha. throw another screen on top of that lid!! hope he's ok from all that floor surfing.
Lmao! Yeah that’s actually a good idea. I left him with cardboard on top lol that’s all the time I had. I hope so too. Two good tumbles in less than 12 hours. I’m so nervous

My fiancée just sent me this. Looks like he’s making a new burrow! I’m so relieved. Next hurdle, hoping he eats.

Attachments

• D8DA44FF-9685-41C9-9288-C2F3EFE60150.png
    D8DA44FF-9685-41C9-9288-C2F3EFE60150.png
    8.6 MB · Views: 17