• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

BTA doing some crazy stuff!

We have had a green bubble tip anemone in our tank for two, almost 3 days and he's been doing fantastic. He ate on the second day and found a spot he was happy in and is being hosted by a clown (clown was hosting in pet store, purchased them together.

Now he is shriveled up! I've read so much different info (pooping, splitting, etc.)

I've included a picture from last night and now, when I saw it shriveled itself.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    502.3 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    585.9 KB · Views: 14

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
I would not be too concern. I have a green BTA as well. Mine been in my tank for 1 year and almost 2 months. When I added him he found a spot and was good until I had to move a rock near him. He spent the next 4 to 5 months moving all over my tank and acting just like your. Now I did not have a clown that the BTA would host. My two clowns wouldn't give it a second look. About 6 months ago mine took hold in it's current spot and I then a month or two later I picked up a tomato clown. The tomato went right into the BTA the second I added him to my tank. They have been together for about 4 months now. I would keep an eye on him to make sure he not eating himself but I think your ok.

20160730_142414.jpg

Thank you for your reply! We moved some rocks and got it in direct light it it perked up! If he's happy there I think we'll just have to rearrange the rocks so that he isn't blocking all the light. Also thinking he may be passing waste sometime soon considering we fed him yesterday.

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
I would. Let him be and either he will move or he going to pick that spot. if you move him and he doesn't like the new spot then he will just walk around your tank anyway also if you have corals he might string them if he moves to close to them

No corals yet. He's just at the back which is a horrible spot. He got himself wedged in the rocks and as you saw, didn't thrive there. Thinking we could move him and get the big rocks back there, blocking him from that area? Crossing my fingers he moves on his own.

Unless they are doing damage to others or themselves I wouldn't move them, since they can move themselves and you can damage them if you try to move them (assuming they aren't attached to a rock). Nems are frustrating at times. I have a RTBA and it has split 3 times, 2 of them look fantastic and the other two just never do well, the clowns try to feed them but they don't seem to care and won't move to a better spot. Been that way for over 2 years.