• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Bubble algae and other algae issues

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
Guys,
I seem to be having an issue with algae in my 36g tank. Tank has been running since April. I have a hang-on-back fug but I don't believe there any cheato left in there (I think it all died and I pulled it out). I am running carbon and for the past month I been doing weekly water changes but other than that nothing else. I did pick up a emeral crab about a month ago but I see an increase of bubble algae and have not seen him since putting him in.

I am think that either I should look into a hob/in tank skimmer (cause not currently running a skimmer) or run something like chemipure or GFO? Any suggestions?

Thanks
James

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
How many fish r in your DT?

Also for now, manually remove the bubble algae with your hands but be careful not to pop them. The same goes for any other algae.

Are you getting more chaeto?

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
If you have only a few bubbles, manually pick them off. If it is a major outbreak start thinking about taking rocks out one by one and acid bath them. Nutrient control only helps a little.

Ok thanks. would hate to pull them out but I might have to cause its getting bad. I just will need to figure out what to do with my corals