• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Bubble algae on clam

Just saw some bubble algae growing on shell of maxima clam, bought it from hidden reef about 2 months ago. Is it safe to take the clam out and scrub off the algae or is there a better way of removing it without it spreading? TIA, Vincent.

malulu

NJRC Member
how about:
- put a small bucket inside the tank (fill with water)
- move the clam in the bucket
- take the bucket out
- scrub the bubble off (inside the bucket)
- move the clam out and put back in the tank...
;-)

malulu

NJRC Member
after you break the first few - where are the *second* bubbles came from??
;)

**hint**
may be from spread??
::)

Edward771 said:
i reach in a break bubbles and I've never had a spread.

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I got rid of it by using a toothbrush and a siphon. Hold the siphon over the bubble and then scrape it off everything goes out the siphon. I have emerald crabs, don't bother they don't work (although they are pretty cool to watch). Problem is you can't get them out and when the algae runs out they start to eat 'other things' (themselves other crabs, shrimp, small fish).

Bob

you can take the clam out and scrub it out of water then rinse it it some tank water outside the tank of course and put it back in. however if its attached to something don't dislodge it

Thanks for the advice every1, just took it out and gave a good scrub then rinse with tank water. Oh, forgot to save it for tomorrow's raffle :D.

When we bought our 90 the rock was loaded with it. I picked everyone out of the rock there were hundreds of them. I have not had any since then. I think water quality has alot to do with it, I think with the collection of fish we have anything green that tries to grow in there is going to be eaten also emerald crabs feast on them as well