• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Bubble tip split

Happy to say that the one bubble tip that we acquired from Poeticinjustice at the last gathering at motortrendz house has decided to split this morning. Had to run out to get to work but will try to get some photos tommoorw of them. It even looks like it may split again from the main body. Do they do that? Multiple splits at a time or is it a singular thing ? So cool . Now if our clowns will ever host that would be great .

Pic is from yesterday , I did some rescaping so he was a little more exposed than he was in his normal branch rock cradle he was in .20200414_122623.jpg

DangerDave

NJRC Member
I have one from the meet, it’s the same coloring as the one I got from @Sponge. The one from the meet hasn’t split. The other one has split twice now for a total of four.

I notice when I directly feed them meaty food daily, they tend to grow fast and split. Same with the other bta. I don’t feed them directly right now, as I’m running out of space :(

nightmarepl

NJRC Member
I have one from the meet, it’s the same coloring as the one I got from @Sponge. The one from the meet hasn’t split. The other one has split twice now for a total of four.

I notice when I directly feed them meaty food daily, they tend to grow fast and split. Same with the other bta. I don’t feed them directly right now, as I’m running out of space :(
yup i noticed the same thing ive been directly feeding my nems and they over taking my tank already

I will happily feed this little guy and let him split all he wants for a while. With having the extra space of the 60 coming online VERY soon and the 180 eventually being added I have plenty of space for them at the foreseeable future.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
I've been feeding my two and they're growing into monsters, no splits yet. Sponge graciously passes me one a few months back and I acquired a second at the meet. The first is bigger than a softball. The second, from the meet, was about the size of a 50c pice and is now bigger than a baseball.
Starting to wonder where I'm going to keep em.

DangerDave

NJRC Member
I've been feeding my two and they're growing into monsters, no splits yet. Sponge graciously passes me one a few months back and I acquired a second at the meet. The first is bigger than a softball. The second, from the meet, was about the size of a 50c pice and is now bigger than a baseball.
Starting to wonder where I'm going to keep em.

try running fresh saltwater over the well fed nem during a water change. I read that on R2r, and it worked for a couple of my nems...