• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Bunch of stuff for sale, a little of everything from low to high end!

Hello everyone, I spent the weekend doing a lot of work on my tank so I have a bunch of stuff to sell now. I have a bad habit of wanting to try different equipment and then changing my mind, so now I have a ton of stuff to get rid of! All prices are for pick up here in Florham Park (07932) - I'd really rather not ship. Might be willing to meet somewhere depending on the item. Open to reasonable offers, especially for multiple items. Also, if you need a pic that I don't have, just LMK and I'll try to get it for you. I try to take care of my stuff so everything is in good working condition except as noted. If there's anything else you might be looking for, let me know as I have a bunch of other miscellaneous stuff (including Apex components and Ecotech pumps) that I have kicking around.

First up - the original glass stock sump from my Red Sea Reefer 450. I replaced it with a Trigger acrylic sump, so I no longer need this. I bought the whole tank new in January 2020 so this is less than 8 months old. This will include all the stock items (filter sock tray, filter socks, gravity-fed automatic top off with 3+ gallon reservoir) as well as 2 filter media cups and several unused extra socks that I had bought. Dimensions are 35" x 17" x 14". Hard to tell what this is worth exactly since they don't sell it individually, but it is a nice premade sump in great condition with a few extras included. I'll ask for $200.

What is not included in the price is an additional magnetic refugium baffle specific to the RSR 450 sump. It's removable and allows the creation of a refugium by cutting your skimmer compartment in half. This was bought from Octo Aquatics for $130+, but I'll sell it for $75 to anyone who buys the sump. See below for a picture of the sump with the magnetic refugium baffle installed.

IMG_2681.JPEGSump with ATO.JPEG

Next up is a tank, stand, hood, and sump tank combo. This is an old tank that we moved from our old house but never fully unwrapped (note the bubble wrap). It's been sitting in the basement and the wife wants it gone now. The tank itself is a 40 gallon breeder with a 15 gallon high tank in the stand that was used as a sump (no baffles). The tank is drilled on the back with one bulkhead. Included are a 175 watt metal halide, power compacts (remember those?), and moonlights - the fixtures are already mounted in the hood with the ballasts mounted in the stand. This could use some cleanup and restaining but would make for a nice budget tank. Would like this gone so I'll ask for $100.

Tank with Hood.JPEGInside of Hood.jpegInside of Stand.jpegMetal Halide Ballast.jpegPC ballast and moonlight control.jpeg

Next up are three skimmers: 1) Seaside Aquatics CS-180 with Syncra Sicce Psk1000 pump - used this skimmer for less than 6 months. Ask for $225
2) Red Sea RSK300 skimmer - bought this at the beginning of July 2020 from Sea Level Aquarium, used less than 2 months. Forgive the dirty picture - I took it off this past weekend and hadn't had a chance to clean it yet (but will be doing so). Have the box and original documentation for this. Asking for $250
3) NYOS 160 skimmer - bought this off a friend who used this for less than 6 months. I bought this to try to get a skimmer with a smaller profile but never wound up using. Paid $360 for it but will ask for $350 for it now.

CS-180 Skimmer.jpegRSK 300 skimmer.jpegNYOS 160 Skimmer.jpeg

Finally, some lights.

I have 3 white AI Hydra 64s. These were purchased in mid-January 2020 brand new. I ran two of them over my tank, with the 3rd one still brand new in box. Also, I don't love the AI Hydra single arm mounts so I bought some Kessil A-series arms and modified them slightly to accommodate the AI Hydra mounting brackets. Prices are as follows - $500 each for the 2 Hydra 64s that have 7 months use on them, $550 for the one that's new in box (never opened). Each Kessil A-series arm and AI Hydra mount cost me $79 + $21, but I'll include an arm and mount for $60 for anyone who buys one of the used lights. Here are the pics of them over my tank:

AI Hydra 64s with Kessil Arms (above).jpegAI Hydra 64s with Kessil arms.jpeg

I also bought the rail mounting equipment for the AI Hydras but never got around to trying that out. These are new in the box: 1) AI HMS Double Arm Mounting Kit (selling on Marine Depot for $78.75), asking for $65.
2) AI HMS Tank Mount Rail 60" (selling on Marine Depot for $89.25), asking for $75.

I have 3 Kessil Tuna Blue A360WEs. These were never used past 50% intensity and were taken down about 8 months ago. I don't have any pics from when they were up, but if you need some, let me know. Asking $235 each or $650 if someone wants to take all 3 of them.

Last (for now) but not least, I have a brand new in box Kessil AP700. BRS sells this for $785, I'll ask for $650.

Thanks for reading, and LMK if you have any ?s.

Last edited:

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
You need to include where you are located. Place it at the beginning so it makes it easy for everyone to find. Good luck with your sale! :)