• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Buying Online Coral

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I am buying stuff from Corals Anonymous as sale ends at midnight. If anyone in Lakewood area wants in we can split shipping let me know.

TSP

NJRC Member
Let me know how that site is. I have always seen it advertised but too scared to buy anything

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Let me know how that site is. I have always seen it advertised but too scared to buy anything
It's good as I ordered before and so did Chris. I did have a problem, 1 frag missing, 1 frag sent I did not order and 1frag half dead. They did give credit for missing and dead frags. I reordered frags and no issues.

Rueric

NJRC Member
It's good as I ordered before and so did Chris. I did have a problem, 1 frag missing, 1 frag sent I did not order and 1frag half dead. They did give credit for missing and dead frags. I reordered frags and no issues.
did they make you re-pay shipping?

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Should clarify. They gave me store credit so another order of different frags was why I paid another shipping.

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
nothing against the vendor but i just find it hilarious that they name their standard green duncans and up charge it. its a common practice with all vendors but i mean come on, its a green duncan coral and no way should be $45 for a frag lol more experienced reefers would know but i feel like newbie reefers are preyed upon when they could easily get that same coral for cheaper local or possibly from local fish stores.

i looked since i am in the market for a duncan lmao but not at those prices.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
nothing against the vendor but i just find it hilarious that they name their standard green duncans and up charge it. its a common practice with all vendors but i mean come on, its a green duncan coral and no way should be $45 for a frag lol more experienced reefers would know but i feel like newbie reefers are preyed upon when they could easily get that same coral for cheaper local or possibly from local fish stores.

Agree, I was looking at the specials. Was going to but the yellow sun coral frag but said not available last night and did not bother to order.

Yeah I have been looking at some of the online vendors recently and seems like even the lower end corals are incredibly high priced recently.

It also seems difficult to find people to buy from locally/trade with. It's a bit dead at the moment.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I never followed through with this order as I decided to wait for BF / CM. they are doing large percent off on some items but realized they now want $6 for heat box plus heat packs and $4 for FedEx/UPS mishaps. So an additional $10 tagged to the $40 shipping. Not sure its worth ordering from them unless getting a very large order.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member

I have to say that Duncan corals from a wholesaler are $10 a head. then each box of 20 corals is $500-$700 to ship'
so gone are the days of $10 frags. I don't buy online because you have so many good reef stores in NJ/NTC it just doesn't make sense to me.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
$500 shipping cost? or $500 to get free shipping?
no a box of coral from Fiji with 20 pieces cost $500- $700 per box.
each box comes with 20 ~ corals. so that's $50 a piece plus the cost of the coral.
reefing is really expensive at this moment that's why you have to sell torches at $100 a head

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I see. Costs to the stores are high.
That’s not even taking to account other businesses expense's . Website/ photography/ electricity/ high cost of salt/ over night shipping and we are not taking about coral death lol