• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Calibrating TDS meter & refractometer

malulu

NJRC Member
about a month back, i got mine calibrated with a solution from Renee. (a trusted source...)
one calibrate from Renee can goes a very long ways...
;)

i can bring mine to the meeting in Edison, if you are coming...
we can use Ralph's water to test, whatever the reading on mine, you adjust yours as the same...
;D

Tanks for advice everyone. David, unfortunately I can't make it to this months meeting maybe next time if I haven't done it already.

malulu

NJRC Member
just like Danny said, you can try to use RODI water to calibrate as ZERO it for now...
it is not perfect, but won't be too far off.

danthemanj

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
I have some TDS calibration fluid but don't have anything for the refractometer.

I can bring it to the meeting this Saturday. LMK

pgordemer

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
If someone reminds me the day before the meeting, I can bring some 53 MS calibration fluid for the Refractometers. Just bring the Refractometers and we will calibrate right there.

malulu

NJRC Member
to save fuild supply - just use enough to JUST calibrate one refractometer...

and then use Ralph's tank water to test on it... then everyone one after that just follow the reading on the first one.
;)

pgordemer

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
malulu said:
to save fuild supply - just use enough to JUST calibrate one refractometer...

Its only takes 3 drops from an eye dropper. Its not going to break the bank.