• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Calling all Gamers

So I got Destiny for Xbox 360 for xmas. It happens to be the only game I have shown any interest in playing for quite some years. That said I would would like to be able to play it. However after looking at the case it shows that there are some requirements that I have questions about:

Online connectivity- My 260 is connected wirelessly to the net. Good enough?
Xbox Live-We have it, but its the free one. Does it need to be "gold"?
Hard Drive Required- Really? this is my biggest question. I have no interest if this is the case.
Any other things I should know about?

Thanks in advance
John

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
Depending on which XBOX 360 you have, it may require more room than the 4GB one.
Yes you will need gold membership. You can always buy a 64G USB Flash Drive fairly cheap these days and add to the storage ..

Depending on which XBOX 360 you have, it may require more room than the 4GB one.
Yes you will need gold membership. You can always buy a 64G USB Flash Drive fairly cheap these days and add to the storage ..

I do have the 4G box. After looking at the hard drives I could always buy one as they seem pretty cheap. The gold membership however.... I guess I'll have to pass on the game then. Another monthly fee is the last thing I need.

Thank you Sunny.

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
Gold is like $59/year. Any game you get these days will need that and also HDD space.
They tend to install the game these days on the HDD as well.. It is true for all XBOX one and PS4 games ...

Gold is like $59/year. Any game you get these days will need that and also HDD space.
They tend to install the game these days on the HDD as well.. It is true for all XBOX one and PS4 games ...

Maybe I'll go for it then. The system is primarily for my son and we are trying to keep him from as much as we can. once he knows Im sure he will be making minecraft videos for all to see. LOL. Again, thank you Sunny.

you can usually find a deal on the live memberships. right now ratuken has the year long membership for $35 after a VISA promotion.