• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Can i add Bicolor Chromis?

Hello guys, i have a question, im looking to buy a pair of Bicolor Chromis to add to my 60 gallon reef tank, but im not sure if i could add them in because i have a Yellow Tail Damsel in my tank, i have 2 pairs of clown fishes, a lawnmower blemmy and a yellow tail damsel. I dont want to add the chromis because what i read so far i cant add many or different damsels to the same thank, im fairly new in the hobbie and i just trying to avoid fish casualties, thanks guys

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
i would probably avoid it due to the yellow tail damsel you already have. clowns will usually stick to their little piece of the reef unless its a maroon/tomato clowns. Either the yellow damsel will be a bully or vice versa depending who is bigger.

I heard dancel fish are not aggressive when it’s only one or more than 3.. so if you lake John’s dancel just gets 2 more and they most look nice schooling together

But hey if you want another yellow tail damsel so those two can be jerks together, once I ever get mine out, he can be yours.

Salted

NJRC Member
I must have won the lottery with my pair of damsels. I have 1 yellow tail and 1 fiji blue devil and they don't bother anything. They certainly could harass my little rainsford gobi but they don't. The minute either of them does they're out.

I must have won the lottery with my pair of damsels. I have 1 yellow tail and 1 fiji blue devil and they don't bother anything. They certainly could harass my little rainsford gobi but they don't. The minute either of them does they're out.
You got that right buddy... ;)
If they get along it’s a great deal...