• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Can i have some ID's please

1. I dont think its a zoo, but it is a circle with tiny fingers. I saw it actually move one side like it was pulling the fingers to the center and then it went back to being a circle. it is just a boring brown, maybe a little orange/brown. i have another tiny one growing on the same rock, and by tiny, i can barely see it
IMG_0001-1.jpg

2. the next is the green grass looking thing on the rock. i think it is a green macro algae because it isnt floppy like hair algae. i kind of like the way it looks and it doesnt seem to spread, so i havent gotten rid of it. any ideas on if this is hair algae or some kind of macro algae
IMG_0002.jpg

3. Red finger looking things. very thin and look pretty sturdy, not floppy like hair algae. it is a very nice red. maybe another macro algae?? any ideas
IMG_0003.jpg

4. no idea what the next one it, it kind of looks like red romaine lettuce
IMG_0005-2.jpg

IMG_0004-1.jpg

5. Next is a whitish long thing. i think it maybe a sponge, it doesnt ever move, or shrink or grow, it just is the same size. it looks like it has very tiny fingers growing out of it.
IMG_0007-2.jpg

any help on any/all of these, would be really helpful

john90009

NJRC Member
1 would be a button polpy or palythoa- 2 the green grass could by bryopsis or whatever who knows i never seen it my tanks devour anything green in the tank.3. is a nice macro algea usually gets eaten by tangs though-4 is some good algea i have tons of it in my sump i think it looks kool- they hold big pockets of water and my tangs also eat it hah-then 5 would be a happy sponge. :)

so everything is good stuff except #2???

i am not going to try to remove it as i just read removing it can cause it to spread. as of now, it isnt spreading. if it starts to i will somehow get rid of it...but i dont want to make it worse. besides, i kind of like the way it looks. if it does spread or become annoying, i will take it out. i have too much stuff on that rock to pull out that rock

thanks, i really appreciate your help

number 2 isn't that bad. A rabbit fish or fox face might eat that up, at least they have in my tank. try to keep it in controll though. you can always take the rock out and pull of with finger or a small pair of pliers. I also agree with all the rest. most alge like that are kept in a fuge but some people do put them in the display tank. all depends on what you want to see..