• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

CarboCalcium gunk

Decided to try some CarboCalcium but I got the bottle and found it has this brown crap floating in it. Anyone seen this before?

Attachments

• received_295736105345528.jpeg
    received_295736105345528.jpeg
    147.3 KB · Views: 7

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Never heard of this product before. I will ask a dumb question. Did you shake it up to see if the brown crap goes away?

Last edited:

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I found this on R2R from TropicMarin

Many of the slightly older bottles of both All-For-Reef and Cabocalcium have a small amount of undissolved solids on the bottom of the bottle. This is because the solution is super saturated. The solids are not harmful and do not represent any kind of growth. The product is perfectly fine. And can be used 3cactly as directed with no problem. These undissolved solids will not hurt anything. This left over undissolved solid shows up less in newer bottles.

Has Anyone tried Tropic Marin Bio-Calcium or Carbo-Calcium

Let's us know how it goes.

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
I use carbocalcium but i buy the powder and make it myself. works great for my QT tank.

I shook it for a while and none of it went away. It was getting late last night but when I get home I'll try warming it up to see if anything changes.

I got it from Marine depot and they recommended putting the bottle in warm water for a couple hours also.