• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

catching a yellow tang?

idk what's going on, I guess too much aggression in my tank and my yellow tang is hiding out, not eating.

every single yellow tang that I had die on me first went into hiding and stop eating as they waste away.

do you gotta think I should treat for some waste away disease or try to catch and put in the sump.

I have a powder blue tang and would expect him to get sick before the yellow that's why I think it's aggression.

I also have a lot of damsels in the tank adding to aggression.

I'll try to snap a picture but again he is hiding out.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
How many tangs do you have In total?
I have a 210 and I have 4 tangs.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Or

Tape a few vanity mirrors from the dollar store to the tank. Then add the tang. After a week take one mirror down and see how they are. If not ok put it back. If good repeat until all mirrors are down.

Or

Tape a few vanity mirrors from the dollar store to the tank. Then add the tang. After a week take one mirror down and see how they are. If not ok put it back. If good repeat until all mirrors are down.

yes the mirror works very well, i used them in a 100g I used to have and worked.. also in this one I have now I use a picture and also worked.

my buddy is going to bring over a fish trap tomorrow and I'm going to vanish the damsels to the sump. see if he will come out after that. I've got yellow, blue, blue velvet and blue fin devils. thinking maybe they are just becoming very aggressive.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
The devils are nasty had one when I first started saltwater, what a big mistake.

my smallest tang is the yellow belly hippo. the yellow tang is probably just a tad smaller than the powder blue, but they are different shapes. the tomini is the biggest but she is docile.

i did a few water changes and yellow tang is feeling better. out of the rocks and started eating today. im setting up a 75 gallon coral qt tank over the next week so i'll have someplace to put him if his condition turns again.