• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

CENTER BRACKET BROKE!

Was just cleaning my 65, prepping it for this week, and I had my hand on the center bracket, IT SNAPPED IN TWO! I'm trying to silicone it back, but idk if that will work. HELP!!!!

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
If it's a break and the piece is still there, you can cut a piece of acrylic or plastic strip and silicone the strip to the top and add stainless steel screws to make sure it holds.

I did some research on this a few months ago since I snapped the top of the 46g bow I bought from bill during shipping.

I was told to use weld-16 on the acrylic piece you cut for over it, but silicone may be better. I'm waiting until I drill the tank, and verify I don't crack it, until I do any other work on it. At my rate... it's going to be 2012 by the time the tank is done : -)

A few people on RC have actually removed the middle brace, accept for about 3" on each side, and replaced the black/brown brace/bracket with plexi/acrylic. They didn't like the dark spots that came of the center.

The LFS can get you a new brace. you have to cut the silicone to get the old one off though. Not sure if you have to have the tank empty though