• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Chalice turning white

deepblue68

POTM Winner
I have this chalice that's turning white and looks to like its dying off.water test revealed everything in spec but my calcium do to doser being left on so calcium is off the charts.i did a water change last Sunday and will do another tomorrow. Could this be due to high calcium levels?
Alk 8.6
Mg 1350
Calcium 500+
No3 5ppm
Po4 0.08
Temp 77.
salinty 1.025

Attachments

• 20210130_125442.jpg
    20210130_125442.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:

deepblue68

POTM Winner
Still alot of new growth this appeared out of nowhere only thing thats off is calcium and iam slowly trying to rectify .

deepblue68

POTM Winner
Its growing next to a sunset montipora could it be stinging it or monti's dont sting? I always thought chalice where more aggressive .

john90009

NJRC Member
Yeah deff not getting stung by the monti. It seems like the growth rings are more of the greener that I was hoping it was. Has your nutrients fluctuated lately? My green stunner will turn brown if it’s not getting the light it wants, yours may be getting too much or too little light. The growth shows the green that it should be but it’s not retaining the green.

deepblue68

POTM Winner
Yeah deff not getting stung by the monti. It seems like the growth rings are more of the greener that I was hoping it was. Has your nutrients fluctuated lately? My green stunner will turn brown if it’s not getting the light it wants, yours may be getting too much or too little light. The growth shows the green that it should be but it’s not retaining the green.
I raise my nitrates alittle just was holding off on water changes to get them up

DangerDave

NJRC Member
could it of been stung by something? that happens a lot to the Hollywood stunner that is in my euphyllia tank. They let stingers go all the time...

DangerDave

NJRC Member
Closet corals are sunset montipora and red sea xenia but don't appear to be touching

Euphyllia don’t have to be close, it’s not uncommon for them to let their stingers go into the water column. I find them all over the place in my one tank.