• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Cheato - 07006

If any of the North, NJ members or anyone needs it I have a nice chunk of Cheato available. I saw the other post was in Brick so if I'm any closer come get it.

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
I really envy you guys giving away cheato. I am not sure why it never grows/does well for me :(

monroereef said:
I really envy you guys giving away cheato. I am not sure why it never grows/does well for me :(

Sarcasm? Lol

Cheato grows depending on the light and how many nutrients are in the tank for it to absorb. If yours isn't growing that may mean your system has not too many nutrients or you need a better bulb on it to grow.

monroereef said:

not to hijack brando's thread but i'll be at the meeting sunny if you want some - let me know.

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
Thanks Phil. As you know I am fighting cyano right now. No great results after deploying phosban reactor :(. I would let you know once closer to the meeting date.

I am not sure if the PO4 plays a part in growing chaeto ...

monroereef said:
Thanks Phil. As you know I am fighting cyano right now. No great results after deploying phosban reactor :(. I would let you know once closer to the meeting date.

I am not sure if the PO4 plays a part in growing chaeto ...

yep - cheato should out-compete the cyano for it. I have cyano also and also cheato (though I have to replace the bulb).

Sunny, whats going on with the tank??? Link and I have 3 tested cheatoe types in stock,
yes, I even keep tanks just for the weeds and cultivate them.
Greg
http://www.melevsreef.com/fuge_bulb.html
100_2949.jpg

Dragons Breath ( Court-icy of mnat )

john90009

NJRC Member
yeap the home depo reflected compact fluorescent spiral bulbs with clean finish glass on the end work wonders and everything grows down there. also some zoas that found there way down there into the cheato.

yeap the home depo reflected compact fluorescent spiral bulbs with clean finish glass on the end work wonders and everything grows down there. also some zoas that found there way down there into the cheato.
I heard that to, new sump in the making, see if the bulbs work that good.
Greg