• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Cheato (Free) - Westfield NJ 07090

Need to trim back my refugium so will have plenty of sandwich bags or more of cheato. Refugium is teeming with pods and micro brittle star fish. (So much so I found a baby cardinal fish living in there for months that I don’t feed, and he’s growing nicely)

Happy to accept frags or other macro algae but not necessary.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190116/bd3ed75f4dc0bd5d0b1f3c4aba052e84.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190116/b39f24d04ab46d09622954f3544c43af.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what a small world, I'm in Westfield too (ward 3). :) Cool to see Westfield has few hobbyists!... We should get together sometime, would love to see your tanks and just share reef keeping experiences/ideas.

what a small world, I'm in Westfield too (ward 3). :) Cool to see Westfield has few hobbyists!... We should get together sometime, would love to see your tanks and just share reef keeping experiences/ideas.

My tank looks like a constant construction site (lol) but great idea. (My wife would love me to talk to other people about the tank, not her :)) Do you guys have any build threads or tank pics.

Nice tank! Let me know if you ever have frags. Have 2 large red Montipora caps that I could frag and lots of one type of zoa and some other encrusting green sps.

Mine at present is a 75G:

63b06842df552626ebacf10920e3e95d.jpg

Started a very slooooowwww fish room build with a 8ft tank in mind but will probably take me a couple of years to get there!

Nice aquascape! As a matter of fact Ive been looking to add some more zoas and I just trimmed the Pocillopora (have some nice size frags) and the Green Nephthea (extinct in the wild) & maybe the Devil's Hand needs trimming that we can trade. Pix of Nephthea is the coral below Firefish in 1st pix. what color is the zoa?

Last edited:
Here is a pic of it straight from my phone. It’s under a Reef Brite 250 Watt Twin Arc 10/20K HM bulb. (20k at present)
9e6dc0fc4b1ffe75d340795d9247569d.jpg

I also have RBTA’s, started with 1 a year ago, now have 4 (actually one just split this evening)
b7d446b12bbcd91f3e7c93b6a8c9ee74.jpg