• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Checkout this chiller

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
For all seahorse people worried about summer temps.

For all seahorse people worried about summer temps.
Last year I bought a air conditioner just for seahorse tank,, my wife hit the roof,,, “you spent 385 dollars for F-N seahorses. I was like yeah so

I was looking at the ice probe the other day. But I have an AIO with rear sump. Don’t think it would work for me. Settled on a cooling fan over the return compartment.
But.... I am working on convincing the boss lady to let me start up small tank for seahorses.( 20 gallons/ I told her 10, she won’t know the difference until it’s too late) So I have to keep it in mind to incorporate into that.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Have mine in a 20g at room temp, from 71 to 75 degrees and no problems.
I plan to upgrade to a 40g to 60g and see.

I was looking at the ice probe the other day. But I have an AIO with rear sump. Don’t think it would work for me. Settled on a cooling fan over the return compartment.
But.... I am working on convincing the boss lady to let me start up small tank for seahorses.( 20 gallons/ I told her 10, she won’t know the difference until it’s too late) So I have to keep it in mind to incorporate into that.
Well let me know when you’re ready for ponies and I’ll hook you up with Erectus seahorses. Either I can give you pair I already have ( they are trained to eat frozen mysis and brine already) or a fresh pair from ocean

Great. Thank you. Once I can finally get her go ahead, which I’m sure will cost me, I’m probably going to be hitting you up for advise on setting up and getting started. I’ve always wanted seahorses, but never had the chance to. They are such amazing animals I want to make sure I do it right.

Great. Thank you. Once I can finally get her go ahead, which I’m sure will cost me, I’m probably going to be hitting you up for advise on setting up and getting started. I’ve always wanted seahorses, but never had the chance to. They are such amazing animals I want to make sure I do it right.
No problem they are amazing creatures to watch,, I can spend hrs watching them, always put smile on my face

Attachments

• 35E88CD7-38D7-4610-B82A-3F80BF3A41FE.jpeg
    35E88CD7-38D7-4610-B82A-3F80BF3A41FE.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
  • 710986E1-0BE8-4296-AB60-DB4F27E49C3B.jpeg
    710986E1-0BE8-4296-AB60-DB4F27E49C3B.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
  • D59C838E-EC09-4CF0-95FD-63A54677B05C.jpeg
    D59C838E-EC09-4CF0-95FD-63A54677B05C.jpeg
    495.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 5267FCF6-86FD-4E7D-B8F1-72A695A5C85D.jpeg
    5267FCF6-86FD-4E7D-B8F1-72A695A5C85D.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
  • A75C9169-EB99-410E-A4B2-C1AB3BDE9376.jpeg
    A75C9169-EB99-410E-A4B2-C1AB3BDE9376.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 5
hahahha im dying paulie, too funny
25yrs of marriage and 2 kids has taught me it’s easier to ask forgiveness than ask permission. I have used that wisdom several times over the years. One time in 07 I bought a brand new Harley Davidson Heritage Soft Tail 18,500 and drove in the driveway with it. Well wife reacted just as suspected, yelled , said return it, what’s makes you think you can spend that kind of money without asking?? I go well I made the money and my mother is dead so who do I have to ask? (was the dumbest thing I’ve ever said) anyway I spent 3 nights on couch. On forth night I sucked it up and apologized and she gave me some kind of lecture (I wasn’t listening) ,, ten minutes later I got a little (wink wink) and the motorcycle was still in the garage. I won
Forgiveness over permission

Have mine in a 20g at room temp, from 71 to 75 degrees and no problems.
I plan to upgrade to a 40g to 60g and see.
I would definitely need a chiller. During the summer my wife has a tendency to turn the AC off when I leave for work. Apparently she doesn’t believe me that she can just adjust the thermostat on the AC if she gets cold. (Which she always is)

25yrs of marriage and 2 kids has taught me it’s easier to ask forgiveness than ask permission. I have used that wisdom several times over the years. One time in 07 I bought a brand new Harley Davidson Heritage Soft Tail 18,500 and drove in the driveway with it. Well wife reacted just as suspected, yelled , said return it, what’s makes you think you can spend that kind of money without asking?? I go well I made the money and my mother is dead so who do I have to ask? (was the dumbest thing I’ve ever said) anyway I spent 3 nights on couch. On forth night I sucked it up and apologized and she gave me some kind of lecture (I wasn’t listening) ,, ten minutes later I got a little (wink wink) and the motorcycle was still in the garage. I won

Hahaha I'll keep that in mind, I've been lucky so far, my girlfriend likes to spend on her own stuff so she really can't get to upset when I buy all my tank related stuff. She tries to act annoyed at first but then shes over it, but I haven't bought a Harley for 18,000 yet so I guess I'll find out when that day comes

I
I usually try to go with that approach. That’s how I got my current tank. She still doesn’t know how much it cost, exactly. I got away with that one. I need to be careful, she’s Puerto Rican and Italian, sometimes forgiveness comes with a bit of revenge. I don’t want to push my luck too much.

I

I usually try to go with that approach. That’s how I got my current tank. She still doesn’t know how much it cost, exactly. I got away with that one. I need to be careful, she’s Puerto Rican and Italian, sometimes forgiveness comes with a bit of revenge. I don’t want to push my luck too much.
With a combo like that I wouldn’t even try to pull any crap