• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Chiller help?

I bought a used chiller online a while back and never hooked it up. I wanted to post it for sale but wanted to make sure it was working okay. I hooked it up with a mag5 and just ran the water through it and back into a bucket. It is a 1hp chiller with a titanium heat exchanger. I put warm water in the bucket (chiller said 79 on it). I set the temp to go to 65. With in a couple minutes it dropped it down to 71, but then stopped. I then also tried to raise temp back up. It went back up to 74, but stopped again.

Does anyone on here know about chillers or repairing them. Not sure if the pump was to small and maybe that was the problem, but I am doubting that. If possible I would like to fix it or know that it is fine and then sell it. Really don't want to just throw it out.

Bucket test innefective
Contact manufacturer for available repair centers $$$

Used Chillers are often sold broken, stopped cooling, repair to expensive or servicing not found, they dump it online.

If you really want to pay to trouble shoot and possibly fix it, find an hvac business or fridge repair store

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk