• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Clarkii got busy!!

Looks like some things are finally starting to go right. My clarkiis decided to play nice nice and lay a nice small batch of eggs one of my rocks. Not sure if there is anything i can / should do regarding clarkii eggs. Assuming if I do nothing, they will just become live food for the other fish? Really dont think I have the equipment or ability to raise them.

myrjon

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I’d try anyway to make a nursery tank. I have a 10 gallon if you want to borrow.

eholceker

NJRC Member
You are probably late into the game. If you want to raise them you are going to need a ton of phyto and live rotifers. Even if you think you have enough your going to need 5x more lol. RotiGreen is expensive but great stuff.

You are probably late into the game. If you want to raise them you are going to need a ton of phyto and live rotifers. Even if you think you have enough your going to need 5x more lol. RotiGreen is expensive but great stuff.
I have two gallons of phyto going..but no rotifers Ultimately, I really dont have the time, patience or desire to raise the fry. Was just making an exclamation that finally..something appears to be going right in my tank. I still cannot maintain any SPS or LPS. I have just one frag of zoas that seem to be making it as well as a gorgo. Only thing I have actually been successful at is BTA. So having a second thing go right...just felt like i needed a pat on the back. :)

eholceker

NJRC Member
I have two gallons of phyto going..but no rotifers Ultimately, I really dont have the time, patience or desire to raise the fry. Was just making an exclamation that finally..something appears to be going right in my tank. I still cannot maintain any SPS or LPS. I have just one frag of zoas that seem to be making it as well as a gorgo. Only thing I have actually been successful at is BTA. So having a second thing go right...just felt like i needed a pat on the back. :)
2 gallons in probably not even enough. Figure 1 gallon for your rotifers and then the other gallon to keep your tank water green.