• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

cleaning a used tank / equipment / sump to newish condition

nightmarepl

NJRC Member
whats the best possible way to clean a tank from all the salt / calcium all that gunk buildup i was told vinegar soak and some scrubbing
trying to clean a tank completely to like new condition along with the sump
ive gotten a tank from a guy once that cleaned it to literally brand new condition he told me what he used but this was years ago..

nightmarepl

NJRC Member
I was hesitant, but I wanted to try it on a couple of circlation pumps. Worked awesome. Google it.
I then used it on my frag tank and ump.
yah friend of mine is thinking on selling me a full setup just this tank been under zero and i mean zero maintaince for 2 years zero water changes just a sitting pile of algea i dunno haha so i was thinking of completely resetting the tank rocks and all unless i can sell the rock its live but nasty lol

erics210

NJRC Member
yah friend of mine is thinking on selling me a full setup just this tank been under zero and i mean zero maintaince for 2 years zero water changes just a sitting pile of algea i dunno haha so i was thinking of completely resetting the tank rocks and all unless i can sell the rock its live but nasty lol
When I had my sailfin I could have offered a rock cleaning service. They still do a great job, but he was relentless!