• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Closed circit pump not working

I have a closed loop 120 tank with a 3700 dolphin pump as circulation. The pump stopped running and can't get it to run. I added some power heads to hold me but need to either get pump to work or need a new one quick. I what pump can replace that one and any idea what I can try yo get the pump running.Thanks Kevin

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
What have you done already? Have you taken it apart (unscrewed the impeller assembly, etc) yet? That's usually our first step. Is it spinning at all? Making ANY noise? Bad noise? If it isn't moving at all, hopefully cleaning the impeller assesmbly will fix it.

The company will likely send you a replacement, pending your return of your existing pump. Is it still under warranty?

that pump was real hot. I shut it down and I am going to take it apart to see what is hung up The pump was bought used last year so I am afraid it it dead

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Don't count out the manufacturer's help though. I bought a pump second hand and had a problem with it and it was taken care of no questions asked.

Scuba,

Glad to hear it worked out. Next time, if it's still warm, you're usually in the clear and just need to clear the obstruction. If it were cold, then the pump is dead. Like Brian said, don't count out the manufacturer to help out.