• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

closed loop question

well im starting to desing my closed loop, i was wondering if anyone on here runs ocean motions?, if so how are they, the 4 way looks nice with the drop downs, but i dont know if putting out all that money is worth it or should i just use sqwd"s?

danthemanj

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
The OM 4-way is a world apart from the SQWD. If you want, you can stop by my place in Central Jersey to look at the way it is setup

Dan

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I wouldn't use a SQWD and they are not even in the same league as an OM4W.

YUP, OM is a total different beast compare to the SQWD. I will be incorporating it in my setup. How big is your tank? Don't know to much about the sqwd, but you will have to think about the pump you want to use in either setup. Dan is using a Hammerhead I believe. I don't think you can use that on a sqwd. By the way, don't know how fast you need one, but you should buy it used. I did. Saved allot of money.

I am actually running 2 - 4 ways on my 300. Each 4 way has its own Dart pump. I would call and talk to Paul at OM. He is real helpful and will help you with the design that will work best.