• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Clove polyps

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Jason was kind enough to give about 30 clove polyps. They are not attached to any rock or plugs. So what is the best way to attach them?
Should I just some rubble and/or plug into a container and toss them and wait for them to attach? Or is there a better option?

Attachments

• 20210615_142222.jpg
    20210615_142222.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 15

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Got mine in a net right now- trying to come up with an idea to put them in something with rubble so they just don't float around in the tank

These are easy I just glue stemsto frag plugs and or rubble rock. They will stay. Let me know how they do

Last edited:

erics210

NJRC Member
I have used thread. I just place the leathers, or clove strands on the rubble or frag plug and wrap the thread around a few times in different directions.

I do use invisible thread for sewing with out being able to see the thread in the material so you can't see it in my tank. It's like super fine blonde hair

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Think my polyps are dead. Put them in a plastic container with holes and don't see them extending. Will post a pic later.

DYIguy

NJRC Member
I got mine in the mail ( overnight ) and was not enthused by how they looked- the water had turned brown- like the baywater after a storm. I was not able to acclimate them- just rinsed a few times with tank water. I put them in a net hanging from the side of the tank overnight, then took what looked like the most likely to survive and glued them to frags- 3 frags with 3 on each and just let the rest sit on the tank floor thinking the cuc would take care of them- the last 2 pics are from this morning- not sure how they will do, but they are not dead- most are the thickness of a q-tip stem- If one of the frags make it I'll be happy

Attachments

• P6150127.JPG
    P6150127.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 15
  • P6150126.JPG
    P6150126.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 15
  • P6160130.JPG
    P6160130.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 15
  • P6160129.JPG
    P6160129.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 15

DYIguy

NJRC Member
One of mine opened this morning- a couple others look like they may open soon, but all that survived the mail are still plump- so I'm hopeful

Good to hear. Like I said these are almost indestructible. They are probably just not happy. Once they are happy they will provide you with many more