• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Clove polyps

my clove polyps are growing like crazy and getting real close to my plate coral. Couple of questions first will either one damage the other? T ???wo since the clove is crowing onto a piece of live rock that i cant really move to easily can the be removed from the live rock without damaging them and how should i go about this if i have to frag them?

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
It is very likely that the plate and the clove will fight. My plate walks around the sand looking for other corals to annoy. Hard to say which would win (until it is too late).

If you can't take the rock out of the tank then you could try gently working the cloves off of the rock. They seem to grow on a matt and I'm sure they could be transplanted like zoas or GSP. Just be gentle with the flowers. Smushing them will likely kill them.