• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Clown/ nem tank

So I won a innovative Marine fusion 30L. (Was going to by Nuvo or fusion if I didn't win).
The question I have is can I have rock anenomes, tube anenomes and BTA's in same tank. I know that the clowns might not host the rock anenomes so I that is why I am thinking about the bta

So I won a innovative Marine fusion 30L. (Was going to by Nuvo or fusion if I didn't win).
The question I have is can I have rock anenomes, tube anenomes and BTA's in same tank. I know that the clowns might not host the rock anenomes so I that is why I am thinking about the bta
I have RBTA and rock anemone in the same tank. I would put the more mobile BTA in first then put in others that don't move much.

Thank you for the help. Now I have to figure out what kind of lighting I am going to do. I do have a blue line phantom, getting fixed that I can use. And I also have a reef breeders LED that is lent out right now. But both are only about 12-14 inches in length and tank is 36 long. Was thinking of doing LED/T5 combo but want something dimmable.

Not sure what to choose.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
ATI sunpower (T5 only) and the powermodule (T5 and LEDs) are both dimmable.

I contact AI about the prime, but they didn't have a release date yet the guy said. Thought that was weird since they have the price for them on their websit and marine depot has them for sale. Maybe rep was a new guy, or just clueless lol.

just minor point -

clowns do not host anemones - it's the other way around.

Rock anemone do not host any clownfish since the former is from the atlantic and the latter is from the pacific =)

Odds are the rock anemones will attempt to eat clownfish. there are exceptions for sure.

BTAs normally host Maroon Clownfish but most of us with reef tanks are able to get them to host many other species of clownfish (mine i think is a perc). A long time ago we had a member who just had a pair of clowns and multiple clones of btas in a 55 tank. He was basically selling the nems periodically as they split. I think back then he had a bank of VHO lights LOL.

Good luck!

A long time ago we had a member who just had a pair of clowns and multiple clones of btas in a 55 tank. He was basically selling the nems periodically as they split. I think back then he had a bank of VHO lights LOL.

Good luck!

I think that was Ralph in Edison. That RBTA I got from him was a gorgeous nem. I haven't seen one like that since I got back in the hobby 2 years ago.

well I got lucky and scored a lightning strike clown fish from a buddy of mine. he is tiny but very active and eating flakes and pellets.

just waiting now for the AI primes to come out and then I can start looking for some anenomes

well I got lucky and scored a lightning strike clown fish from a buddy of mine. he is tiny but very active and eating flakes and pellets.

just waiting now for the AI primes to come out and then I can start looking for some anenomes

i got my rbta from a member here last year...dang it i can't remember who. My original one from jrwohler died because of hurricane sandy. You will have to post up some pics when the tank is set up. Sounds cool.

Will do. It is up and running. I just need to get light for it. Looking at AI primes. Right now just have a small 50/50 fuge light above it. There is only a tube anenome and a couple of small shrooms and the clowns. As soon as I get the lights I will be adding some softies that are in my fuge on my big tank