• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Clown True Percula

any type of fire fish, any type of goby(except mandarin), or blenny, or many of the smaller types of wrasses, basically any other type of fish that is ok in a 30 gallon tank, just be careful with other types of clown fish...

How is the tank going? How are your water parameters going?
My suggestion would be a blenny, or a goby(shrimp goby) do some research though, if you get some more agressive fish you could have problems. Both of the two I mentioned above are on the less agressive side but have personalities that should make you happy. Firefish will jump so be careful there(though they are meek).

Just wanted to tell you my water parameters

SG- 1.025
Nitrates- 0
PH- 8.0
Ammonia- 0-0.25
Nitrites- 0
Water Temp- 78 degrees F

One thing i wanted to ask about was when I tested the sg with my hydrometer, it would be like off the charts the last two times I did it, maybe I'm doing it wrong? Because nothing has been really added to the water at all this past week. I did add water that I had since I set everything up, but that water is still good, so idk whats up

Hey Ryan!

Watch for bubbles on the the hydrometer arm. They can give you a high reading by making the arm float. Try to make your next purchase a refractometer. You can get one around $50 and it will save you a lot of grief.

Ryan88 said:
One thing i wanted to ask about was when I tested the sg with my hydrometer, it would be like off the charts the last two times I did it, maybe I'm doing it wrong? Because nothing has been really added to the water at all this past week. I did add water that I had since I set everything up, but that water is still good, so idk whats up

Make sure you're topping off with RO water (No Salt) and not Salt Water. Remember Water evaporates but Salt doesn't.

Good advice for you above. Glad things are looking good for you.
Keep it slow and read as much as you can. You will continually learn and find new things that you will want to buy or keep in your tank. I would bet that even some of the folks with 200+ gallon tanks run out of room or don't have room for a particular animal.

Could you PM me? I have a few questions and concerns, or just let me know that you'll be online for a little while, ill message you back on here